Sunday, March 8, 2015

You've Got this covered!

A lot of what I've done with my altered book has been a personal reflection and may not shine through as vividly as others without good description, but should definitely be well represented by the cover. I don't want anything from the pre-existing cover to show in the final product, because it does not at all offer a full representation of myself. Instead I want it to show how I have changed since I first used this book, and have several ideas for doing so. I thought for one idea I could spray paint over the cover of the book with a color more reflective of my life experince change, and maybe print some kind of symbol on it to show how I have changed. Another idea is to wrap the cover with the contour image or doodling page from previous assignments. And one last idea is to take pages out from this book or others and coat the book in them, while writing different words on the pages to change how they express my new feelings and outlooks on life. I have yet to decide on a final plan for this cover, but am working on incorporating at least one of these ideas, but maybe more, into my final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment