Sunday, February 22, 2015

Bible Dipping

For this exercise I wanted to "reuse" supplies I found lying around the house to make a cool decorative piece transformed from something else. I started with an empty jar that I found in my recycling bin that I washed and took all the labels off of. I then sprayed and varnished it with "santa snow" that I found in my garage to give it a frosted glass look that fades up from the bottom of the jar. I thought this was interesting as I composed my ideas for what to do next with the jar. I thought that it would be interesting to make a candle holder at this point and to put a silhouette around the jar to make cool shadows from the pictures I was to cut out. I used leftover scrap booking paper I found in my closet to make the animals and objects image that wraps around the jar. I used gravel I found in a bag in my garage to fill the bottom of the jar to have something for the candle to sit on. Lastly, I tied around the top of the jar with a string that I found in a drawer in my kitchen. I like the interesting look that this creation resulted in, and the fact that all I used to make it was things that had other purposes to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment